In the framework of the project ‘Circulatory System Disease Prevention and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion in the Area of the Słubice District’ in March/April various actions for 60+ people will be held.
It will be possible due to the fact that Słubice district submitted an application for additional funding to the Ministry of Health in order to carry out actions for 60+ people. “It worked! The Ministry took positive view on our application and gave us 340 000 PLN” explains Izabela Soboćko, project manager. In the framework of the granted funds various actions will be carried out for seniors, as well as informative campaign concerning healthy lifestyle, recreation packs and pro-health picnic which will end this event.
Prevention above all
The aim of activities for seniors is to try to change eating habits and spend more free time, which is directly connected with prevention of cardiovascular diseases. “Our seniors will learn and also have fun. During the five meetings addressed specially for this age group, interested seniors from the whole region will have an opportunity to use some very attractive activity forms” says I. Soboćko. “the campaign promoting healthy lifestyle amongst elderly people is also important. It will be held during the meetings” adds the project manager.
In the framework of new actions trips are planned for at least 50 people 60+ to the centre specialised in prevention of cardiovascular disease and healthy lifestyle promotion. “People 60+ will qualify for these trips after passing all stages of examinations in the project (basic and deepened examinations” explains I. Soboćko.
Monday, 27th of March, the solemn award ceremony in “Healthy Heart Year” plastic contest aimed at children from all schools in the Słubice district took place. In response to the Collegium Polonicum Foundation invitation – the promoter of the contest –almost all contest teams appeared in in Słubice’s Collegium Polonicum. The special guests- the vice Mayor Leopold Owsiak and the chairman of Słubice’s Hospital- Malgorzata Krasowska- Marczyk handed everyone a memorial diploma together with a mug and T-shirt with a winning logo.
For the winners of first three places attractive material rewards were designated- skates, backpacks and booklets for ice rinks. Also the winning schools were rewarded- thanks to their representatives each of them got sets for handball, volleyball and basketball games. In the end, all participants and guests were invited to Collegium Polonicum terrace, where a memorial photo was taken.
We invite to see a photo relation
1st PLACE: The Zbigniew Herbert High School Team in Słubice including:
2nd PLACE: The Kresowianie Primary School in Czarnow including:
3rd PLACE: The UNICEF Public Junior High School in Cybinka including:
The recruitment for unusual school has started. From 20th of March the Nutrition School established under the project ‘Circulatory System Disease Prevention and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion in the Area of the Słubice District’ starts its operations which will be run by Słubice district. The citizens of this county will be able to take part in theoretical lessons, which are an intro to the healthy nutrition subject. After that, for those interested practical activities have been planned, which means healthy cooking under the watchful eye of the experts!
First, the theory
In each municipality of the Słubice District the theoretical workshops will take place. The subject matter will be related to nutrition in particular diseases. In every municipality 6 lecture hours divided into two thematic blocks, each for 3 hours will be held.
First thematic block
- Nutrition for people suffering from high blood pressure
- Nutrition for people suffering from hypercholesterolaemia and triglicelaemia
- Nutrition for people suffering from atherosclerosis
Second thematic block
- Healthy nutrition basis for healthy person- prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Nutrition for people suffering from diabetes
- Nutrition for people suffering from disorder of intestinal microflora
- 03/20/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Gorzyca, The Community Centre, classes are conducted by Agata Piekarska
- 03/21/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Rzepin, High School (room 101), conducted by Magdalena Cieslak
- 03/22/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Cybinka, Local Center, conducted by Agata Piekarska
- 03/23/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Osno Lubuskie, Local Community Center, conducted by Anna Pachciarek
- 03/23/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Słubice, Collegium Polonicum (room 102), conducted by Magdalena Cieslak
- 03/24/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Gorzyca, The Community Center, conducted by Anna Pachciarek
- 03/27/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Osno Lubuskie, Local Community Center, conducted by Agata Piekarska
- 03/28/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Cybinka, Local Center, conducted by Anna Pachciarek
- 03/29/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Rzepin, High School (room 101), conducted by Anna Pachciarek
- 03/30/2017, from 4:30PM to 7:30PM, Słubice, Collegium Polonicum (room 20), conducted by Magdalena Cieslak
Contact: 796 422 416, e-mail: email@example.com
We warmly welcome everyone!